demetrioussha...@netscape.net wrote:
>  Sounds good, but here's the catch, I would like to use Gallium to accelerate
> the whole windowing system.? I want our windowing system to use libGL for all
> rendering, so Gallium would basically be running on the video card with no
> windowing system standing in the way.

That's not a catch. That's what Gallium was designed to do.

You're picturing something like this, I think:

Windowing system -> OpenGL windowing system plugin -> kernel

But you can do this:

Windowing system -> Galliumized windowing system plugin -> kernel

(I'm assuming that you already have a rendering plugin system so you can
support different video cards in userspace.)

If you break down this Galliumized plugin, it would consist of:

Syllable state tracker + Syllable winsys + pipes (softpipe, i915, etc.)

So the state tracker interfaces with windowing system, the winsys
interfaces with kernel, and everything just works.

Of course, I know next to nothing about Syllable.

~ C.