2009/12/23 Rafał Miłecki <zaj...@gmail.com>:
> W dniu 24 grudnia 2009 02:59 użytkownik Alex Deucher
> <alexdeuc...@gmail.com> napisał:
>> 2009/12/23 Rafał Miłecki <zaj...@gmail.com>:
>>> Do you have any other ideas?
>>
>> I suspect the reclock is missing the blanking period.  Try removing
>> the debugging output in my patch as that adds additional latency.
>> Also, if the latency of the reclock is too long, we may want to
>> trigger the reclock on a vline irq say 3/4 of the way down the screen
>> to give us some additional time.
>
> I remove DRM_INFOs and also moved radeon_get_power_state calls from
> IRQ handler to line before rdev->pm.vblank_callback = true;. This
> didn't help.

Too bad.

> I guess you may be right with this VBLANK. We may receive that too
> late and don't hit vblank. Maybe with low engine we even parse IRQs
> slower?

Nope.  the CPU processes interrupts.  The irq handler is part of the
driver and runs on the host.

> Does VLINE come "just always"? It doesn't seem we enable this
> interrupt anywhere.

It's not enabled at the moment as nothing uses it.  You can set it to
fire an interrupt at a particular vline during scanout.  The info
needed is in the r5xx and r6xx modesetting docs and in the reg headers
and code in the driver.  One possible problem is that we use the vline
stuff (not the interrupt, just the vline) for Xv anti-tearing stuff,
so you may run into issues there.

Alex