On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:54:09AM -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:
> I like keeping all the asic definitions in one file as you tend to
> need to update them all at one time and having them spread across all
> the asic files increases the likelihood of one or more of them getting
> missed.  But I can live with it if other folks think it's a good idea.
>
> Alex

I've also thought about putting all asic structs into one file but decided
against it for two reasons:
- putting the asics into the asic specific files allows us to mark
  asic-private functions as static. This makes code-reading easier. Of
  course, as someone who has just started to look at the radeon drm, I'm
  biased ;)
- there was no .c file around where they'd fit.

Creating a new radeon_asic.c file would be another option of course. If
you think that's much better, I could respin the series.

Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Mail: dan...@ffwll.ch