Just a quick status in case others are interested and want to help
as I have -very- little time.

I'm currently testing on a rv350 based aluminium powerbooks.
The basic stuff works provided you stay away from AGP. Here's
things in no special order I noticed:

  - AGP: locks up before the console shows anything useful, that's
going to be fun to debug without a serial port ... I'll see what I can
with netconsole or some firewire hack. Works fine with PCI GART.

  - transition from offb. If both kms and offb are built-in, the transition
leads to panel blooming. Note that it seems broken with nouveau on the G5 as
well, I suspect we are passing a crap mode when picking up from offb at boot.

  - Power Management.

    - Sleep/wakeup needs to be ported over from radeonfb (will also
be useful for some x86 models).

    - The other fancy stuff... well, we could make up profiles on powerbooks
I suppose, at least dynclk can be enable always and I'm sure we can make up
default profiles with something like half clock speed, what do you reckon ?

Cheers,
Ben.