2010/8/9 Benjamin Herrenschmidt <b...@kernel.crashing.org>:
> Just a quick status in case others are interested and want to help
> as I have -very- little time.
>
> I'm currently testing on a rv350 based aluminium powerbooks.
> The basic stuff works provided you stay away from AGP. Here's
> things in no special order I noticed:
>
>  - AGP: locks up before the console shows anything useful, that's
> going to be fun to debug without a serial port ... I'll see what I can
> with netconsole or some firewire hack. Works fine with PCI GART.
>
>  - transition from offb. If both kms and offb are built-in, the transition
> leads to panel blooming. Note that it seems broken with nouveau on the G5 as
> well, I suspect we are passing a crap mode when picking up from offb at boot.

wierd offb->nouveau worked on my G5, handoff doesn't do anything
technically other than just remove offb from the system,
and start the driver, so it should be like setting an initial mode.
Unless the newer early handover messed it up.

>  - Power Management.
>
>    - Sleep/wakeup needs to be ported over from radeonfb (will also
> be useful for some x86 models).

I've started to port this on the M7 in a thinkpad on my desk, in
theory it should save battery life as it appears currently the GPU
doesn't go into D3 properly,
however I haven't figured out exactly which bits are required, or
proven its saving battery (the battery is a little old so I can't be
sure).

Dave.