2010/8/9 Benjamin Herrenschmidt <b...@kernel.crashing.org>:
> Just a quick status in case others are interested and want to help
> as I have -very- little time.

Unfortunately, I don't have much spare time to dedicate to this either
and I don't have any ppc machines.

> I'm currently testing on a rv350 based aluminium powerbooks.
> The basic stuff works provided you stay away from AGP. Here's
> things in no special order I noticed:
>
>  - AGP: locks up before the console shows anything useful, that's
> going to be fun to debug without a serial port ... I'll see what I can
> with netconsole or some firewire hack. Works fine with PCI GART.

I think Michel had it working with 1x AGP.

>  - transition from offb. If both kms and offb are built-in, the transition
> leads to panel blooming. Note that it seems broken with nouveau on the G5 as
> well, I suspect we are passing a crap mode when picking up from offb at boot.
>
>  - Power Management.
>
>    - Sleep/wakeup needs to be ported over from radeonfb (will also
> be useful for some x86 models).

It would be nice to get this ported over.

>    - The other fancy stuff... well, we could make up profiles on powerbooks
> I suppose, at least dynclk can be enable always and I'm sure we can make up
> default profiles with something like half clock speed, what do you reckon ?

The dynclks in the drm should work on the ppc.  As for the power
profiles, something like a half clock should work.

Probably also useful to come up with some way to add backlight control
to the macs without conflicting with the acpi backlight stuff on x86.

Alex