Hi Wajahat

Thanks for getting in touch with the Drizzle project before applying
for GSoC. You CV looks impressive, I have to say.

One thing I wanted to ask is, have you ever contributed to some open
source project before? Is some work you have done, even just academic,
publicly available so it could be reviewed by Drizzle mentors?

If not, you might want to consider trying to fix some low-hanging-bugs
during the GSOC application period to showcase your skills:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/drizzle/+bugs?field.tag=low-hanging-fruit

(Unfortunately, Marcus keeps the  JDBC driver in good shape so it
never has any low hanging bugs. But you could ask him directly on IRC
(marcuse) if there's anything simple to do.)

henrik

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 1:31 AM, Wajahat Abbassi
<wajahat.abba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Marcus & Danial,
>
> I hope you are doing good. I am interested to work in the emerging Database
> system Drizzle as a GSoC student this year. I have gone through the list of
> very interesting ideas on http://wiki.drizzle.org/GSOC_2012_Project_Ideas. I
> have found 1) Compression (Mentor: Marcus) and 2) Make all plugins dynamic
> (Mentor: Danial) very interesting and promising. I would be really pleased
> to make my contributions in one of these projects please. The following is
> my brief introduction:
>
> I am currently a Mphil student. Previously, I hold M.Sc in Network Centred
> computing focusing mainly on network programming, data communications and
> high performance computing from at University of Reading, UK. I have
> extensive hands on experience in different programming languages (C. C++,
> J2EE, J2SE, Ruby on rails and Shell scripting). In my dissertation, I worked
> on grid computing paradigm where I designed and developed an integration
> layer between GridWay Metaschedular and GridSphere Portal framework to offer
> a PORTLET-based GUI to allow the GRID based distributed jobs to be scheduled
> to the Grid worker nodes remotely and also to perform various job management
> functions.
>
> The following is a list of some of my academic projects:
>
> ·         Implemented Enterprise JavaBeans according to the EJB 3.0
> specification (JSR 220). Deployment and execution of stateless & state-full
> session EJB.
>
> ·         Developed MVC based Sporting manager using Servlets, JSPs &
> JavaBeans.
>
> ·         Designed, developed and demonstrated a client-server Java based
> application for checking student module sections that is consistent with
> programme specification.
>
> ·         Implemented the FTP protocol using C and UNIX System calls in
> Advanced OS course.
>
> I am really looking forward to have a very productive summer of coding with
> Drizzle.
>
> Please find my attached resume.
>
> Yours Sincerely,
>
> Wajahat Abbassi

henrik.i...@avoinelama.fi
+358-40-8211286 skype: henrik.ingo irc: hingo
www.openlife.cc

My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=9522559