Daniel:

Have you thought about authorization for this? I mean we wouldn't want
any old logged in user to be able to

SET GLOBAL auth_file.users=/home/hingo/igivemyselfrootpowers.users

(Making the plugin reload the existing file will be helpful. But it
might not be a good idea to allow to change that value.)

henrik

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 2:29 AM, Daniel Nichter <dan...@percona.com> wrote:
> Hi Anshu,
>
> Thanks for your interest in the dynamic plugins project/idea.  I think
> making auth_file dynamic is a good place to start because it's a pretty
> simple plugin with clear testing.  You can look at query_log to see how it
> handles when a string variable (its log file) is changed; the same will
> happen for auth_file: the user will change the users file, so the plugin
> will need to close the current file, open the new file, parse it, etc.
>
> See also http://wiki.drizzle.org/GSOC_2012/specs/dynamic_plugins
>
> -Daniel
>
> Le 29 mars 2012 à 12:08, Anshu Kumar a écrit :
>
> Hey Guys,
>
> I am Anshu Kumar, an undergraduate, pursuing my graduation in Computer
> Science and Engineering from ITBHU, India. I looked into the project ideas
> of Drizzle for GSoc and I would like to improve the community by
> contributing to it. As I dont have any prior experience working with
> Drizzle, I have started to explore the codebase for Drizzle. There was a low
> hanging fruit filed as "regex_policy should use apache like ALLOW/DENY". I
> have uploaded a patch solving the same which you can check here. On the GSoc
> ideas a page, the project which interests me in "Making all plugins
> dynamic". Can you please provide me some information about this project on
> which I can start off working with.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Anshu

henrik.i...@avoinelama.fi
+358-40-8211286 skype: henrik.ingo irc: hingo
www.openlife.cc

My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=9522559