Bonjour Christophe

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 23:52 +0200, Christophe Dupriez wrote:
> Dobry Wieczór Mateusz!
>
> You may want to look at the WindMusic presentation in Göteborg.
> http://gupea.ub.gu.se/dspace/handle/2077/21341
> http://www.windmusic.org
>
> In WindMusic, Authors are stored in a DSpace collection (so they are
> managed with the regular DSpace UI)
> And they are used for search and update as an authority control list.
>
> Dynamic SQL source allows to access dynamically different source (with
> strong caching) to use any accessible database as an authority source.
>
> Multiple authorities for a field are supported (and the option of "free"
> uncontroled content): it is often necessary to "chain" authorities so an
> Author (a Subject, a Journal...) can be in a local application, in the
> institution repository or in an external repository;
> Each authority source with its independant access method...

Thanks a lot for sharing the ideas.  It is a big pleasure to see
something working :)  But I think your solution would not be enough for
our sophisticated demands.  I think I would rather stay on the path we
have already been thinking of, maybe "widening" it a little bit as Mark
Diggory has suggested.

There would be a new "recurrent table" (where records can point to
another "parent" records in this table, enabling creation of tree-like
structure).  Records of this table would define affiliations structure
(University -> Department -> Institute -> ...).  An Item (or an Entity
in general, as Mark has suggested) would point to that table defining
for example author's affiliation.

--
Mateusz