Hi,

Am 25.01.2018 um 16:46 schrieb Bill T:
> I am recently experimenting with v6.2 as well, and I am experiencing the
> same problems with community pages.  This is possibly not the best
> layout, but we essentially have 1 top level community which contains all
> other collections and communities which number about 1000. Performance
> extremely slow in v6.x.  Anonymous users see a load time of
> approximately 20 seconds.  Admin users see a somewhat faster load time,
> approximately 18 seconds.  Non-admin logged in users see a page load
> time of over 1 minute.  Any of these times prohibit us from going into
> production with DSpace 6.
[…]

testing this,too - with the same problems; caching does not affect this
to much (xmlui.community-list.cache = 12 hours).

Our number of Communities & Collections is around 800.
In DSpace 6.2 the full view (with strength) ...xmlui/community-list
takes 75s in XMLUI.
...jspui/community-list takes < 3s in JSPUI.

Getting /rest/hierarchy (no strength, so maybe not really comparable):

real    0m0,867s

When starting debug-log of Postgresql, I can see that JSPUI uses ~ 5500
SQL-queries for community-list.
XMLUI uses ~ 23000 SQL-queries.

The structure is like

https://kobra.bibliothek.uni-kassel.de/community-list

> Our setup is
> RHEL 7
> 8 cores, 32 GB
> java 1.8.0, tomcat 8.5.14
> postgresql 9.6.2
[…]
ours is nearly same on Debian 9 with open-jdk (on XenServer VM).

CU

Michael