"hack" it for yourself by changing "forms[0]" in utils.js to "forms[1]"
for all necessary methods..though this is not as "pretty" a fix)

Of your options:
#1 - the easiest (but sounds like it's not what you want)

#2 - This (or something like it) is what it would take to actually "fix"
the issue for everyone.  If you do #3, you could submit a patch
explaining how to fix it to SourceForge:

However, all that being said...I *know* someone else out there has
"tackled" this before (unless I've started dreaming in DSpace :).

So, I'm hoping they'll speak up, since I don't recall if there's another
"quick" fix someone already came up with :)

- Tim

Glenn Bunton wrote:
> [...]
> <form> tag on your page)
>
> So, if you've customized your DSpace to have an HTML <form> tag within
> either your Header (/layout/header-default.jsp) OR your left-hand
> adminstrative navigation bar (/layout/navbar-admin.jsp), it's possible
> the *first* <form> tag on your page is NOT the one which contains the
> <select name="eperson_id"> tag.
>
> (Hint: You can always just do a quick "View Source" in the browser, to
> see if you have an extra <form> tag hanging around)
>
> Hopefully this helps.   If you can, I'd definitely suggest upgrading to
> DSpace 1.4 and/or 1.4.1, to see if that fixes anything.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have an installation of DSpace 1.3.2 installed,
> so I don't have a real easy way to try to reproduce your issues.  Does
> anyone else out there have any other ideas that could help Glenn?
>
> - Tim
>
> Glenn Bunton wrote:
>> Tim,
>>
>> Following up on the eperson issue. I don't get any server-side errors.
>> However when I choose the select e-person button from the eperson page I
>> get the window with two epeople I've added. When I click the select
> button
>> next to either one I get a page error message that says "list has no
>> properties". Does that help at all?
>>
>> ==================================
>> Mr. Glenn Bunton
>> Head of Systems Development
>> Old Dominion University Libraries
>> Norfolk, Virginia 23529
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> (757) 683-5952
>> ===================================
>>

>>              Tim Donohue
>
>>              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>>              u>
>>              Sent by:                  "Nguessan, Michel"
>
>>              dspace-tech-bounc         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
>>              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> cc
>>              rge.net                   dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net,
>
>>                                        Glenn Bunton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Subject
>>              02/08/2007 02:39          Re: [Dspace-tech] Eperson problem
>
>>              PM
>

>> Glenn and Michel,
>>
>> Could both of you send along the underlying error message(s) you are
>> getting?
>>
>> Usually, you should be able to find the full error message in either
>>
>> (1) the DSpace log file in [dspace]/log/dspace.log (where [dspace] is
>> the location where you have DSpace installed)
>>
>> OR
>>
>> (2) the Tomcat log files (under the "logs" directory where Tomcat is
>> installed).  Usually in the latest "localhost" logfile.
>>
>> Seeing the underlying error message can be very helpful in diagnosing
>> what the actual problem may be.  :)
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> - Tim
>>
>> Nguessan, Michel wrote:
>>> I am having the same user registration problem here at Governors State
>>> University. Anybody knows how to fix this issue?

>>> [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Glenn

>>> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642