Thanks Dorothea!

I knew this came up recently...I guess I hadn't seen (or remembered) the
patch out there.  :)

I'd agree, we should work on getting that patch in place for DSpace 1.5!
Once we get everything finalized from the CVS to SVN migration for
DSpace (from dspace-devel list discussions), I'll see if I can't free up
an extra few minutes to apply that patch.

- Tim

Dorothea Salo wrote:
>> However, all that being said...I *know* someone else out there has
>> "tackled" this before (unless I've started dreaming in DSpace :).
>
>       I've tackled it.
>
>       If the offending extra <form> is in your location bar, you can get rid
> of it in
> the offending JSP by setting locbar="off" in the JSP's <dspace:layout> tag.
>
>       If it's in the left-hand navbar, you could set navbar="off" at the
> (perhaps
> considerable) cost of not having a navbar on that particular page. (Or if you
> *really* have time to burn, you can fix the problem with a CSS layout that
> lets
> the left-hand navbar be last in the HTML. I've done that -- it's better for
> accessibility -- and can offer JSPs + CSS for others' adaptation if anyone
> would
> like.)
>
>       Since only a few admin pages select epeople, a missing element on those
> pages
> may be an acceptable quick-fix tradeoff. I'd really like to see the patch get
> in, though, if it still works:
> <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1601946&group_id=19984&atid=319984>
>
> Dorothea

Tim Donohue
Research Programmer, Illinois Digital Environment for
Access to Learning and Scholarship (IDEALS)
135 Grainger Engineering Library

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web:   http://ideals.uiuc.edu
phone: (217) 333-4648