Hi Wenling,

Another reason this could be failing is, as you suspect, during the “email”
part of CompleteStep, but is to do with Java’s mail.jar rather than your dspace
configuration.

Dspace 1.5 ships with some different Java libraries, and I’ve had some
mail.jar-related hiccups when upgrading in the past.

The best way of resolving this depends on your operating system/distribution,
but if you let us know what you’re running Dspace on, perhaps someone can offer
a suggestion.

For instance, on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, I use the ‘alternatives’ command to
reference the new mail-1.4.jar in place of the legacy mail.jar that was being
used.

Another option could be to change the symlink for “javamail.jar” in
[tomcat]/common/lib to a copy of mail-1.4.jar somewhere instead of Java’s
supplied javamail.jar, but I haven’t tried this before so backup first, and
proceed at your own risk ;)

To test that it really is a mail.jar-related problem, see if you get the same
sort of error when clicking the Forgot Password link, or anything else that
should cause Dspace to generate an email.

Cheers,

Kim.