I downloaded DSpace 1.5 Live CD from
http://cadair.aber.ac.uk/dspace/bitstream/2160/565/3/DSpace%20Live%20CD%20-%201-5-0%20v2.iso
and have it booted as a virtual machine in VirtualBox.

I then try to figure out the settings in that installation and I could not
find where in tomcat5.5 which set the user who run tomcat as dspace !  It
is very clear from 'ps -axu' that tomcat is run by tomcat55.  But I
noticed that tomcat55 belongs to group 'dspace' and 'dspace' also belongs
to groups 'admin'.

All directories related to tomcat5.5 owned by tomcat55 but some files
under /etc/tomcat5.5/Catalina/localhost.

In tomcat6, something called 'openjdk' is installed together with
tomcat6 while this is not required in tomcat5.5.  Could this be the cause
of Java's *.jar errors....

Could someone who successfully installed DSpace in Ubuntu 8.10 be kind
enough to document the installation instructions and post to this list ?

Thanks.
Panyarak

dangerous content by MailScanner.