From: Stuart Lewis [mailto:s.le...@auckland.ac.nz]
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:10 PM
To: Kantargis, Susan
Cc: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] help windows installation

Hi Sue,

> E:\dspace\bin>dsrun create-administrator
> Using DSpace installation in: E:\dspace
> -Xms64M was unexpected at this time.
> E:\dspace>cd

With dsrun you have to provide the complete java class name:

dsrun org.dspace.administer.CreateAdministrator

This will get easier with 1.6, as we are including a new script
launcher called 'dspace' which works for Windows as well as Unix. So
you'll be able to run [dspace]/bin/dspace XXX (where XXX = any of the
commands such as create-administrator, filter-media etc)

> Also why would I start in E:\dspace\bin and then be back in E:\dspace

dspace.bat changes directory part way through execution to be in the
[dspace] directory so it can more easily access the files it wants. It
should change back to the original directory (see the last line of
dspace.bat: "chdir /D %CURRENT_DIR%") but I'm not sure why this failed
- perhaps because the Java command failed?

Thanks,

Stuart Lewis
IT Innovations Analyst and Developer
Te Tumu Herenga The University of Auckland Library
Auckland Mail Centre, Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Ph: 64 9 373-7599 x81928
http://www.library.auckland.ac.nz/