Hi, first, I want to thank Mark Wood for recommending LambdaProbe, it is
proving a very useful tool. I can see already that we need to increase our
PermGen, and will probably borrow Mark's JAVA_OPTS settings for our production
and development Tomcat instances.

In trying to further educate myself about these issues, I came across this
excellent page on the Tomcat wiki, which at the end includes
debugging/troubleshooting advice that is very close to the procedure Graham
Triggs outlined at a recent committer's meeting. I'm forwarding this link to
the list, as I think it might prove useful to others:

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/OutOfMemory

--Hardy