On Sep 30, 2010, at 7:14 PM, Keith Gilbertson wrote:
>   I think I've seen something like what you're talking about with a
> scheduling conflict between vacuuming or other maintenance of the database
> and the media filter processes running.  It's been a long time though and I'm
> very fuzzy on this.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it may have been an item import or some other
long running batch process.

>   I haven't spent enough time poking around though to see if the database
> usage might be reduced, or the connections held open less often.

Instead of "connections held open less often", I think I meant something more
along the lines of "reduce the amount of time it takes to return a database
connection back to the database pool and/or reduce the number of concurrent
connections needed".