If you are working with two servers, production (1.4) and
future-production (1.7), would it be possible or advisable to

1. Copy 1.4 to the future-production server, and go through the full
upgrade steps until there is a working copy of 1.6 or 1.7
2. Before switching to future production, import the database and asset
store from 1.4
3. Run database upgrade steps
version 1.4 to 1.5:
/|psql -U dspace -f
|/[dspace-source]/|/dspace/etc/postgres/database_schema_14_15.sql dspace
|/version 1.5 to 1.6:
/|psql -U dspace -f
|/[dspace-source]/|/dspace/etc/postgres/database_schema_15_16.sql dspace
|/version 1.6 to 1.71:/|
|/
psql -U [dspace-user] -f
[dspace-source]/dspace/etc/postgres/database_schema_16_17.sql /|dspace|/

Would this work in principle so that the new version could be fully
customized and tested while reducing downtime for the switch to production?

Thanks for any direction on this.

--Jimmy

--
Jimmy Ghaphery