Hi,

Our SOLR stats have been flaky for a while but have now reached the point where
they are bringing our server down, so I want to turn them off completely (until
I can find time to work on it and get them working properly), but this doesn't
seem as simple as I hoped it would be!

It was a long time ago that I set this up, so can't remember how I turned them
on (and can't find anything specific in the documentation). I've tried a couple
of things in dspace.cfg (e.g. commenting out "solr.log.server"), but, although
this seems to have stopped the errors, I still see "LoggerUsageEventListener"
lines in the logs, and the "View Statistics" button is still there (using
JSPUI).

Anyone have any pointers how to completely disable the SOLR stats (so that
DSpace isn't trying to log events, and, perhaps more importantly, so that the
"View Statistics" button disappears)?

Cheers,

Mike

Michael White
Research Management System (RMS) Project
Information Services
S8, Library
University of Stirling
Stirling SCOTLAND
FK9 4LA
Email: michael.wh...@stir.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 1786 466877
Fax: +44 (0) 1786 466880
http://www.is.stir.ac.uk/aboutis/teams/aldt/eld.php

--
The Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2009/2010
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,