On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 06:52, Rahul Soni <ra...@ismu.ac.in> wrote:
> Sir/Ma'am, I am thankful to all of you that finally I have installed DSpace
> as localhost. Now we want to make it public. Sir, how should we proceed if
> there is a guide or steps deemed required then please tell us.

The only thing you need to do on the DSpace side is change these
properties in dspace.cfg:
dspace.hostname = example.com
dspace.baseUrl = http://example.com/xmlui
dspace.url = ${dspace.baseUrl}

and restart Tomcat.
Also make sure you're running DSpace on port 80 using one of these methods:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/DspaceOnStandardPorts

Then you need to
1) get a public IP address for your machine
2) add a DNS record pointing to that address
but these steps have nothing to do with DSpace. You can usually ask
you ISP for help (probably your university IT department).

Regards,
~~helix84