Hello

I am integrating the DSpace team here at IDB and I am glad to be part of this
nice discuss list.

We are running DSpace 1.6.2 and my first task is to enhance the resolution of
the thumbnails that DSpace generates every day.

By reading the DSpace documentation I found that the problem might be because
we are creating very small images. Here is how we have dspace.cfg set:

thumbnail.maxwidth  110
thumbnail.maxheight 110

In the documentation I found that we can increase the size of the thumbnail
file and still show a small file in the UI. For example:

## Image size
thumbnail.maxwidth  300
thumbnail.maxheight 300

## Image display on UI
webui.browse.thumbnail.maxheight = 110
webui.browse.thumbnail.maxwidth = 110

I wonder if this change in the setup will make us accomplish what we want with
the image resolution. Could anyone share an optimum configuration for this in
your system?

And last question, what do we need to run in order to make DSpace recreate the
current thumbnails using the new setup.

Thanks in advance
Rodrigo

Rodrigo Calloni
System Librarian
Felipe Herrera Library
Knowledge and Learning Sector
Tel: 202-623-2952
Fax: 202-623-3183
[cid:image001.gif@01CD8AB6.6E61B330]
1300 New York Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20577
USA
www.iadb.org<http://www.iadb.org/>

"Knowledge for Development Challenges"
P  Please consider the environment before printing this email

<<inline: image001.gif>>