Thanks helix. I think I expressed myself in a wrong way.

I think you got the idea of what I needed here:

"An alternative to make a thumbnail look better (as opposed to increasing its
resolution) would be to use a better downsampling method. But I didn't
investigate if there are any other possibilities in the filter-media framework."

Anyway at this point we may see if by making the image larger and use CSS to
make it show small in some pages (results list) and bigger in others (full view
of item).

Best regards
Rodrigo

Rodrigo Calloni
System Librarian
Felipe Herrera Library
Knowledge and Learning Sector
Tel: 202-623-2952
Fax: 202-623-3183

1300 New York Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20577
USA
www.iadb.org

"Knowledge for Development Challenges"
  Please consider the environment before printing this email