On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Evans, Kev <kevin.ev...@exeter.ac.uk> wrote:
> But when call it from the WebUI, the fields are replicated multiple times.

You didn't write which fields, so I'm guessing you hit a common issue.
DSpace treats field names as distinct based on what is specified as
language. Say you're using two languages in your repository, en and
de, then you can have fields with the following language variations
and here's an example how the would be displayed in the CSV header:
field language - column header for dc.title
en - dc.title[en]
de - dc.title[de]
empty string - dc.title[]
NULL - dc.title

Is this the kind of duplication you're seeing?

Regards,
~~helix84