On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM, helix84 <heli...@centrum.sk> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 9:32 PM, Thornton, Susan M. (LARC-B702)[LITES]
> <susan.m.thorn...@nasa.gov> wrote:
>>         I'm assuming that once we would copy the /webapps directory over to
>> the Production machine, we will have to run ant, but not mvn?  Is that
>> correct?

I might not have fully answered your question, so here's the rest:

Keep in mind, that maven runs from [dspace-source], i.e. on the
building machine.

Normally, would run ant update from the
[dspace-source]/target/dspace-[version]-build/ directory, also on the
building machine. So if you copy over just /webapps, there's no way
how you can run ant on the production machine. You'd have to copy
[dspace-source]/target/dspace-[version]-build/ to production to be
able to run ant there.

One of the alternatives would be to run ant update on the build
machine and then copy the whole [dspace] directory to production. Like
I said, ant just copies things around, so just try to understand what
you need (all the directories under [dspace]) and remember you can
copy it over even manually.

I hope that makes sense.

Regards,
~~helix84