Hi everyone

I'm beginning to suspect the LDAP Special Groups code in DSpace 3.0 is
broken

Please see the scenarios below, which are excerpts from
/home/dspace/config/modules/authentication-ldap.cfg

Scenario 1

login.groupmap.1 = OU=StaffUsers:all-staff
login.groupmap.2 = OU=StudentUsers:all-students

In practice newly authenticated new staff are added to the all-staff,
all-authenticated and anonymous groups. Newly authenticated students only
belong to the anonymous group

Scenario 2

##### Added By Clive Gould on 31/07/13 to allow for special groups

# login.groupmap.1 = OU=StaffUsers:all-staff
# login.groupmap.2 = OU=StudentUsers:all-students
login.groupmap.1 = OU=StudentUsers:all-students

In practice newly authenticated students are added to the all-students,
all-authenticated and anonymous groups. Newly authenticated staff only
belong to the anonymous group

Scenario 3

# login.groupmap.1 = OU=StaffUsers:all-staff
# login.groupmap.2 = OU=StudentUsers:all-students
login.groupmap.1 = OU=StudentUsers:all-students
login.groupmap.2 = OU=StaffUsers:all-staff

Newly authenticated students are added to the all-students,
all-authenticated and anonymous groups. Newly authenticated staff only
belong to the anonymous group

Conclusion

It looks horribly as if only the first line login.groupmap.1 is being
processed. login.groupmap.2 seems to be ignored

Note: If a member of staff or student has logged in and registered once
their membership of the special groups appears to be persistent through
multiple logins

I'm not a Java programmer and haven't time try to understand and debug the
code myself. Has anyone actually got this special groups code to work
properly or is this a bug that needs fixing?

Any ideas anyone?

Clive