Dear all,

We are using apache webserver as a front end for our dspace instance. I did
this using mod_jk. Now, our server is (may be) behind a firewall/proxy/load
balancer and it is forwarding its own local ip address instead of the
user's ip address. I tried implementing this (
http://www.techstacks.com/howto/log-client-ip-and-xforwardedfor-ip-in-apache.html)
in the virtualhost of our server's httpd.conf but I still get the local IP
address of the load-balancer/proxy upon checking the access logs. I can't
implement ip-based authentication if I can't get the real ip-address of the
user, right? Please advice what are the necessary steps to do to get the
user's ip address to enable ip-based authentication. Lastly, in
authentication-ip.cfg, what is the correct syntax for specifying ip range?
If for example our ip range is 203.xxx.xx.129 to 203.xxx.xx.142? I tried
using 203.xxx.xx.129/142 and I get Malformed *IP range* specified for group
error.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Elvi S. Nemiz