On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 06:32:45PM +0800, Nemiz, Elvi wrote:
> Lastly, in
> authentication-ip.cfg, what is the correct syntax for specifying ip range?
> If for example our ip range is 203.xxx.xx.129 to 203.xxx.xx.142? I tried
> using 203.xxx.xx.129/142 and I get Malformed *IP range* specified for group
> error.

This part I can answer.  See:

https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC3x/Authentication+Plugins#AuthenticationPlugins-ConfiguringIPAuthentication

You seem to be trying to use CIDR notation.  That doesn't directly
indicate the range; the number after the slash is the number of
leading one bits in the mask.  So, 203.xxx.xx.129/142 is impossible,
as there are not 142 bits in an IPv4 address, and that isn't what you
meant anyway.  You may need to figure out a set of masked addresses,
of which the union is the entire set of addresses that you permit.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "203.xxx.xx.129 to
203.xxx.xx.142".  Are the "xxx" and "xx" "don't care" bits?

If the permitted set is very small, you could just specify each
address individually.

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Machines should not be friendly.  Machines should be obedient.