Hi, this is a tangent, but if you want a really handy tool for your box,
grab a copy of ipcalc (it's in most package managers):

http://jodies.de/ipcalc

I use this whenever I need to spot-check my guesses at CIDR notation.

--
HARDY POTTINGER <pottinge...@umsystem.edu>
University of Missouri Library Systems