On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 10:30 PM, Terry Brady <tw...@georgetown.edu> wrote:
> I presumed that I could remove the documents for an entire
> community/collection in a single command.

Sorry about the confusion, that didn't occur to me. A Solr index is
just a collection of documents with no intrinsic concept of hierarchy.
Is there any way we could write the help text more clearly?

> Perhaps it would be useful to have a new command line option to force the
> re-indexing of a specific community or collection.  It might also be useful
> to allow multiple items to be deleted in a single command.  If this sounds
> potentially useful to others, I will file an enhancement request.

Sure, feel free to file one. Although I personally can't imagine a
case where it would be useful. It sounds ad hoc - and if you need
something ad hoc, it sounds more flexible to talk directly to Solr
than to build it into DSpace. In your case, your query would look
like:

$ curl "http://localhost:8080/solr/search/select/?q=location.coll:1234&rows=0";

Measure twice, cut once.

$ curl