We should better document how to turn off/on Access Rights Awareness.  I
*believe* it's a matter of commenting out this setting (but it's unclear
to me as well, and I don't know enough about this feature):

https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/master/dspace/config/spring/api/discovery.xml#L25

To clarify here, different institutions definitely have different use
cases for DSpace, and often based on the use case they may have
differing opinions of this feature.

There are institutions who are adamantly in favor of Access Rights
Awareness (as they do NOT want Google/Google Scholar to index items
whose metadata is private -- e.g. some of those items may be private
records or embargoed and they do not wish them to be discoverable at
all). There are also insitutions (which Jeff & helix84 are members) who
are adamantly against Access Rights Awareness (as they want Google to
index all metadata, whether that item is private or public or embargoed).

So, Access Rights Awareness is probably something we need to better
document & also better document how to disable it if you favor exposing
*all* metadata as publicly searchable/browsable.

- Tim