On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Hilton Gibson <hilton.gib...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My config is here:
> http://wiki.lib.sun.ac.za/index.php/SUNScholar/Browse_Indexes/3.2
> So SOLR now handles ALL the indexes as I have configured it - correct?

Correct, both search and browse are now handled by Solr. itemcounter
is still handled by database (Solr backend is available since DSpace
4).

> I am getting a lot these in the catalina log file.
> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

Not a problem, ignore them. In rare cases it might be the consequence
of a problem.

https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1448

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Hilton Gibson <hilton.gib...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found the parameter in:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html#HTTP/1.1_and_HTTP/1.0_Support
> For tomcat 6 it is 8192 bytes.
> I will bump it up to 16384 and see.

Yes, it's the maxHttpHeaderSize attribute.

Also consider making your group smaller instead (e.g. by breaking it
up into more groups).

What's the rest of the original stack trace?

Regards,
~~helix84