Hi again,

> Setting up a DSpace 4.1 DEV system, with the new JSPUI, I've noticed an issue
> with the display of the "pop-up menus" in the navigation bar when using IE v9
> - it works fine on the other browsers I have at my disposal.

<snip>

> Has anyone else seen anything like this?

I'm guessing from the lack of responses that others haven't come across this
(yet)?

I've just tested my IE v9 against http://demo.dspace.org/jspui/ and I note the
same problem (options don't appear on the pop-up menus, and pop-up menus appear
behind other elements on the page, a la
http://www.is.stir.ac.uk/misc/storre/dspace4-menu-ie9.png).

Does anyone else out there have access to IE v9? Do you see the same issue with
http://demo.dspace.org/jspui/ (or is it just me)?

I also checked the "DSpace v4.x with JSPUI" sites listed in
http://registry.duraspace.org/registry/dspace and saw the same issue when
accessing each of these (so this definitely doesn't look like an issue specific
to my implementation of DSpace v4!).

Does anyone else have v4.1 with JSPUI up and running? Are you able to confirm
if it works OK for you in IE v9 or not?

I'm trying to get a handle on whether or not this is an issue with the specific
version of IE 9 we have deployed here (v9.0.8112.16421), or if it is a more
general compatibility issue between IE (v9) and the JSPUI in DSpace v4.1 . . .

A brief search for information on DSpace Browser Compatibility seems to suggest
this is still under discussion to some extent for v4 -
https://jira.duraspace.org/i#browse/DS-1831 - so perhaps IE v9 just isn't
compatible?

More importantly, I need to find a way around this before we can upgrade to
DSpace v4 as this version of IE 9 is currently widely deployed on staff
machines here! :-(

Any thoughts, observations or suggestions welcome.

Cheers,

Mike

Michael White
eLearning Liaison and Development (eLD)
Information Services
S8, Library
University of Stirling
Stirling SCOTLAND
FK9 4LA
Email: michael.wh...@stir.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 1786 466877
Fax: +44 (0) 1786 466880
http://www.stir.ac.uk/is/staff/about/teams/aldt/#eld

--
The University of Stirling has been ranked in the top 12 of UK universities for
graduate employment*.