I've logged an bug report:

https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-1995

In this case, I suspect that no one had tested the new JSPUI against
these older versions of IE, and no one had yet reported these issues.
However, I can also replicate these issues using the IE 8 & IE 9
emulators in the latest version of IE (version 11).

If anyone with a patch/fix wants to add details to the above ticket,
then we can work to get this resolved soon (hopefully even in 4.2).

Thanks!

-Tim