Michael,

Was about to send the same question to the list:
- I confirm that this problem is happening in our 4.1 development server too
(as in Demo), using IE8 and IE9 (found also little other troubles using IE7).

We recently upgraded our DSPACE from 1.6.2  to 4.1 (*) and found that there is
a problem showing suspended menus using the JSPU UI Theme (by Cineca):

- When you click on the options from the main UI ("Browse", "Sign on to") or
all options from Admin UI ("Contents", "Access Control" etc.) which have a
suspended menu:
* using IE8 and IE9: instead of the sub-options, an empty white box is
displayed;
* using IE7, for "Browse": only "Communities & Collections" is displayed inside
the box; for "Sign on to": all options are displayed; however UI is displayed a
little "scrambled".
By using higher IE versions (10,11), mobile devices browsers (emulated using
Chrome Canary) and other common browsers and versions (Safari, FF, Chrome)
these suspended menus and the rest of the UI are displayed as expected.

- Did you already found this problem and know how to fix it?
- Is there someone to complain about it?
- Should we wait for the 4.2 version?

4.1 JSPUI Theme uses "bootstrap", and just found that developers need take some
extra actions to make the interfaces compatible with IE8 and IE9:
http://getbootstrap.com/getting-started/#support

Before you mention http://www.stopie.com, I know that IE is not that good at
all and that 7, 8 and 9 are outdated versions etc.
But here in our university we have thousands of "old" PCs still running MS-XP:
and as IE 9/10/11 are not supported by XP, we need to keep all adopted web
applications compatible with IE8 at least.

(*) FYI: to upgrade DSPACE from 1.6.2 to 4.1, we consecutively applied the
database patches to immediately above version and now we will reconfigure
input-forms, message-properties and e-mail templates.

Thanks in advance for any clue and help,

Michelangelo

Michelangelo Mazzardo Marques Viana | Support and Development
 Coordinator of Libraries Systems. Librarian CRB-10/1306
Pontifical Catholic University of Rio Grande do Sul - PUCRS
Ir.  Jose Otao Central Library | Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
+55(51) 3353.4371| mvi...@pucrs.br | http://www.pucrs.br/biblioteca
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bibliotecapucrs
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/bibliotecapucrs
Know our spaces on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/bibliotecapucrs

Michelângelo
Michelângelo Mazzardo Marques Viana | Setor de Suporte e Desenvolvimento
 Coordenador de Sistemas da Biblioteca Central | Bibliotecário CRB-10/1306
Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul - PUCRS
Biblioteca Central Ir. José Otão | Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
(51) 3353.4371 | mvi...@pucrs.br | http://www.pucrs.br/biblioteca
Acesse nossa página no Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bibliotecapucrs
Siga-nos no Twitter: https://twitter.com/bibliotecapucrs
Conheça nossos espaços no Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/bibliotecapucrs