Nada,

I have found the facets to be tricky to configure.  I have 2 suggestions
that might help.

1. You have defined the facet as a SearchFilterFacet.

After running a search, are you able to add a filter (from the search
filter drop down) based on Type?  If you see the filter in the drop down
list, does the filter work correctly?

If so, you might want to change the fact to a HierarchicalSidebarFacet.
This might be required to make the facet appear in the sidebar.

    <bean id="searchFilterType"

class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.HierarchicalSidebarFacetConfiguration">
        <property name="indexFieldName" value="type"/>
        <property name="metadataFields">
            <list>
                <value>dc.type</value>
            </list>
        </property>
        <property name="facetLimit" value="5"/>
        <property name="sortOrder" value="COUNT"/>
        <property name="splitter" value="::"/>
    </bean>

2. When you added searchFilterType to sidebarFacets and to searchFilters,
did you apply the setting across your entire repository, or did you apply
it to a specific collection or community?  Facet definitions do not inherit
from the community/collection hierarchy as themes inherit.

Good luck,

Terry

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 2:30 AM, Nada Abo-Eita <naboeit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear DSpace community,
>
> I am trying to add Item type (dc.type) to be one of the discover sidebar
> facets and search filters.
> So far I did the following:
>
> 1- Edit discovery.xml by adding <ref bean="searchFilterType" /> to both
> *sidebar
> facets* and *search filters*. I did that under the default configuration
> and homepage specific configuration for discovery.
>
> 2- Also I define the search filter bean in discovery.xml
>
> <bean id="searchFilterType"
> class="org.dspace.discovery.configuration.DiscoverySearchFilterFacet">
>         <property name="indexFieldName" value="type"/>
>         <property name="metadataFields">
>             <list>
>                 <value>dc.type</value>
>             </list>
>         </property>
>         <property name="facetLimit" value="10"/>
>         <property name="sortOrder" value="COUNT"/>
>     </bean>
>
> 3- add webui.browse.index.5=type:metadata:dc.type:text to dspace.cfg file.
>
> 4- Edit the*
> /webapps/xmlui/WEB-INF/classes/aspects/Discovery/i18n/messages.xml,* by
> adding:
>
>   <message
> key="xmlui.ArtifactBrowser.SimpleSearch.filter.type">Type</message>
>     <message
> key="xmlui.ArtifactBrowser.SimpleSearch.filter.type_filter">Type</message>
>
> 5- Then clear cocoon cache, restart tomcat and run ./dspace
> index-discovery -b.
>
> After doing above steps, TYPE option appears only in the "browse by"
> navigation, but It doesn't appear as a discover sidebar facets/search
> filters.
>
> Can you help me figuring out What missing here?
>
> Regards,
>
> Nada Abo-Eita

> List Etiquette:

Terry Brady
Applications Programmer Analyst
Georgetown University Library Information Technology
https://www.library.georgetown.edu/lit/code
425-298-5498