From: Sean Carte [mailto:sean.ca...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 7:31 AM
To: Peter Dietz
Cc: dspace-tech
Subject: Re: [Dspace-tech] Very Slow Download

On 1 April 2015 at 15:24, Peter Dietz
<pe...@longsight.com<mailto:pe...@longsight.com>> wrote:
I would check config/xmlui.xconf, having this commented out, should be your
best way to avoid this slowdown (but GA won't track that statistics).
https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/master/dspace/config/xmlui.xconf#L103
<!-- Additionally you may choose to expose your Google Analytics statistics in
DSpace -->
<!-- <aspect name="StatisticsGoogleAnalytics"
path="resource://aspects/StatisticsGoogleAnalytics/" /> -->
That is commented out. Actually, it is even for the server that is supposed to
be using GA. Should it be uncommented for that server?

Commented out, the feature is disabled. I'm guessing you'll want to track these
stats, so you'll need to have it enabled. With only one server using this
feature, and the other servers not using it, doesn't that mean that some hits
aren't counted? I'm not sure you if have it as part of a load balanced
approach, or if you have it enabled in production, but disabled in
staging/development or some other instance. Hopefully your network is better,
and this won't be a constant issue.

Sorry, I wasn't clear about the servers: one is for internal use only, the
other we do need to track; both serve completely separate content.
What's got me confused here is that I am using Google Analytics. It seems to be
working even with that code commented out. I suppose I'll just have to
uncomment it and see what happens.
Sean
--
[https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B2vFshcbLNzibGdBTmxVOXNITFk&export=download]