We have been using Dspace 4.2 for a while and recently I have discovered a file
permissions problem and need clarification.  What user on a Debian system
should own the assetstore and associated files and folders?

We had been batch loading files from the command line in 4.2 and I think the
permissions were not being set appropriately.  When I look at the assetstore I
am seeing files owned by Dspace in the postgres group, and then also files
owned by tomcat7 in the tomcat7 group.

The files that were loaded in the batch mode were loaded as root so I need to
change their file permissions.  When we try to load things from the UI we get
file permission errors because they don't have access to those folders that
were created with the batch tool in 4.2.

I wanted to chuser and group but need to know what to change them to.

I think they should all be dspace/dspace - but just want to verify...

David Schuster
Texas Woman's University
Director of Library Information Technology & Technical Support
Phone: 940-898-3909
dschus...@twu.edu<mailto:dschus...@twu.edu>
[emailsignature][Alma_Certified_Admin_Logo]