On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 7:57 PM, Luiz dos Santos <luiz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is just a question, why not using the tomcat installed by himself,
> instead to user everything as tomcat7 user?
> In his case he could just run the comand: "chown -R dspace:tomcat7 *" In
> Assetstore directory and certificate that himself that when he run the
> batch process that all files have the same permissions?

Sure, if you're installing from binaries downloaded from tomcat.apache.org,
you can call your tomcat/dspace user whatever you want. But using binaries
kind of defeats the purpose of using a distribution - you'll most likely
never do security updates to tomcat.

And like I said, if you chown the binaries of Tomcat from the Debian
package, it will chown it back during the nearest update and most likely
leave you with non-functional DSpace (you most likely won't immediately
notice it because only uploads won't work). I speak from my own experience
:)

Regards,
~~helix84