-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 05:28:27 +0100
> Von: Tony Earnshaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED], dspam-dev@lists.nuclearelephant.com
> Betreff: Re: [dspam-users] CVS updates

> Mick Johnson skrev, on 01-02-2008 22:47:
>
> > A few pending updates have been pushed up to CVS :
> >
> > * Allow users to select multiple rows by clicking
> > on the initial row, holding shift, and clicking on the final row.
> > * Adds a "select 200" button to the quarantine page.
> > * Removed some junk from a previous merge.
> >
> > The Feature Request page has also been updated - the donations button
> and
> > dollar value components have been removed as we're no longer accepting
> > donations for this project.
> >
> > A few of the patches came in via this interface, this actually makes it
> > harder to patch as a) I don't know who submitted them and can't bring up
> any
> > suggestions or corrections directly, and b) they have less visibility on
> > this list. In the future, if you wish to submit patches (and I'm always
> > happy when people do) please do so here to ensure the community can
> review.
> >
> > The latest CVS version seems to have been running stably for some time
> now
> > and I'm looking to push this out as a stable 3.8.1 this month unless I
> hear
> > otherwise.
>
> I have real problems with CVS on Fedora FC6 (sticking to this for a
> while for various reasons). 3.8.0 gives no problems.
>
> Steve's contributed a lot off list, but hasn't been able to do anything
> about solving the problem(s). If there are any other FC or RHEL5 users
> here willing to share experience running dspam as lmtp daemon (no GUI)
> with Postfix 2.4 or newer then fine, otherwise I'm very happy with 3.8.0
> for my use, with my setup.

I have in the mean time deployed two new DSPAM installations. Both of them on
Red Hat systems. One is a CentOS 4.6 system and the other one is a RHAS 5.1
system. They both work in LMTP mode with DSPAM. None has any issues running
normal DSPAM.

The error you had was/is triggered by calling DSPAM from within a cron job. I
have not tested that issue on the new installations. But I do call the DSPAM
binary from within cron when purging the old tokens from the database. This
call however does not crash as on your system.

Is there any one out there beside Tonni using a RH system and willing to test
DSPAM CVS? I could provide RPM SPEC files for building DSPAM RPM's.

> Best,
>
> --Tonni

Steve