I disagree.  I do believe that a Digital repeater system requires much more
attention then an Analog.  You can get away with a lot more on an Analog system
then the Digital Dstar system.  Just look at the specs of a Dstar system
compared to an Analog.

To avoid any interference whatsoever, we have tried to eliminate any possible
RF getting into the repeater system.  Thus, the shielded CAT5 connection.

I am running an 120watt amplifier on our system here.  Our Power Supply tends
to get a little hot.  If we don't control the temperature, we notice the garble
steadily on our system.  If it's cool everything works excellent.

Just my opinion!

KE5KAF