The general answer to the question is yes, you just need a program that
will copy the input from the USB connected GPS to the serial port, make
sure you have the proper 3 wire line to the radio, the right comm port
settings (baud, etc.) and its a go.  You might even be able to do it
with old DOS 'MODE' and 'COPY' commands, but I wouldn't know without
testing ... it's a little close to field day.

Another option: borrow someone else's serial based GPS.

--
John D. Hays
Amateur Radio Station K7VE <http://k7ve.ampr.org>