According to John, AD5RN, there are 3 predominant factors in coaxial
cable loss, 1 - Dielectric Loss - power heats the dielectric (try
polystyrene dielectric adapters on a 250 Watt, 900 Mhz paging base
station - real smoke.., 2 - IR Loss caused by the resistance of the
conductors - power heats the cable, and third, Radiation loss where the
effectiveness of the shielding is gauged.  What goes in, comes out
somehow.Now a conjecture on my part - I propose that 100% shielding does
not necessarily equal 100% containment of radiated signal (probably
pretty close, though).

Will BCC John on this and see what he says,  73, Steve NU5D