Adrian,

A properly terminated coax radiates very little.  Even if some it will be way
down and will take special equipment to measure, not just a watt meter.

Most all losses are due to LC in cable with some in R.  It become heat.  The R
is normally very low compared to the LC.

The sufficence? of cable radiation can be signals leaking into other components
such as from a tx into rcvr in a repeater causing desense or other problems.

73, ron, n9ee/r

>From: Adrian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 2008/06/29 Sun PM 05:30:09 EDT
>To: dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com
>Subject: Re: Re: Re: [dstar_digital] Noise/Desense and Loss Measurements -
>RP4000V Cables

>Isn't coax radiation regarded as a loss? Isn't this radiation depleting the
>level of signal found at the source end? Any radiation leak beyond the shield
>must consume energy taken from the signal properties surely, from a physics
>point of view.
> Any elaboration on this relationship, I'm eager to learn?
>
>vk4tux
>
>From: Ron Wright
>
>Might improve loss somewhat, but main issue is cable radiation.
>
>73, ron, n9ee/r

Ron Wright, N9EE
727-376-6575
MICRO COMPUTER CONCEPTS