> No, it's a homebrew cable. I'm using the front data port.

So, someone else mentioned something about this.  I wasn't aware that
you could do clone operations through the front data port.  You can use
the CS-2820 through that port?

> Oh? I didn't know that. I found a document online that shows a cable
> schematic, it does not have them connected together.

The serial cable schematics won't, but the CI-V cloning cables will:

   http://uk.geocities.com/blakkekatte/CIVhardware.html

> Yeah, that works. I just did a successful download. It won't let me
> export, import, or upload (those are disabled, and it says "no image",
> even after downloading), but that's a different issue... I'm going to
> play around with the command line tool and see what I can do with that.

Well, my guess would be that's because it's downloading information that
isn't a normal memory image from the radio.  Thus, when it's done, it
still doesn't have a valid image and won't let you try to export it.

Did the radio go into "clone out" mode and take a couple minutes to do
the clone?

Can you send me the ic2820.img file in the working directory so I can
see if it looks like a valid memory image?

In the meantime, I'll try doing a clone of my 2820 through the front
data port and see what I get :)

--
Dan Smith
dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/