--- In dstar_digital@yahoogroups.com, "jack" <jack.mrfixit...@...> wrote:

> OK
> Lets look at this from the legal stand point.  You MAY NOT use ANY
form of
> ENCRYPTION on ham radio! The short is do it and you risk your license as
> well as a fine and or jail time.

Oh please!

> PLEASE read part 97.113 sub 04.
>
> I quote "No amateur station shall transmit messages encoded for the
purpose
> of obscuring their meaning, except as otherwise provided herein.

I find Q-codes and euphemisms like HiHi used on clear FM voice
channels very confusing.  It's my belief that certain hams are
continuing to use these to purposely obscure and somehow use this
coded language to somehow make what they are taking about seem more
important than it is.

Also in my opinion there are way to many appliance operators rag
chewing about nothing technical, more so personal stuff on a regular
basis on our local repeaters.  Please alert them that they are
violating as well.  I think GMRS would be a better fit for them.