> If the repeater gateway could discern whether the call arriving at a gateway
> originated via reflector or via source route, and depending on the source,
> inhibit sending to a reflector for a few minutes it would really simplify
> operations and better mix reflector calls and source routed calls.

Steve, Some of us need the ability of allowing icom routed calles to flow
through to the reflector to communicate to stations heard during a dplus link.
This applies to usage of VK4RWN when a reflector/gateway
dplus link is made.
As dplus is looking for VK4RGC(the old callsign still in gateways.txt with its
identical ip), not VK4RWN, thus the cqcqcq outgoing stream(containing vk4rwn)
is not passed, although all incoming RX streams are heard via the link.

Thus to get around this I look at the reflector dashboard(for the one VK4RWN is
linked to, showing as VK4RGC on the dashboard) and pick the gateway link that I
would think would have the best bandwidth and
icom route to it.

This is a messy way of doing things, but better than nothing, which would be
the case if you recommendation was adopted Steve.
Of course the root of the problem should be fixed, and could be, if
some admins :actually wanted to fix it¨?

Methods include;

1. Renaming the repeater back to VK4RGC (very unlikely to occur)

2 Deleting VK4RGC from the D-star system gateways.txt files through
the Trust Server postgres deletion process (this does not work and no-one can
apparently fix it although its not on the trust server, the deletion is not
happening network wide)

3 Change the static ip of VK4RWN ( The most viable option, but who cares in the
VK admin, as there are only a handful using the repeater anyhow?)

4.AA4RC to write code to sort out the deleted gateways in his dplus system.
(Again another person too busy probably?)

D-star is not growing in SE Qld Australia, it is nearly extinct, and the WIA
should have a good look of the upkeep maintenance of this repeater, as they
hold its license. Its a blight on VK D-Star´s reputation, especially when we
have International d-star visitors(eg; G4LUE), wondering why they cant link
home and use cqcqcq as per usual procedure, and wondering where the A & B
modules vanished too?

If the modules couldńt be refitted after a icom upgrade, why remove them
in the first place?

Anyhow there are probably other gateways out there in a similar situation,
caused from renaming the gateway callsign. They will need to icom route to a
suitable linked gateway to pass transmissions to the reflector, if they want to
join a qso heard on a dplus link to that same reflector.

Fran is correct that the Japanese incoming icom routed call should be also
heard on the reflector via your local gateway dplus link to it.
Otherwise the method I use would not work.
If the incoming routed call collides with another transmission, then it will
not be heard.

Too many times these problems of unheard streams are caused by ops not allowing
pauses between transmissions.

A very good idea though Steve, in a perfect working D-Star system.

vk4tux