Hi Hank,

Its not limited to JA.  I believe anyone using a gateway not linked to a
reflector making a source routed call to either a user or a gateway repeater
will be heard only by the one gateway repeater.  The station replying using one
touch, on a linked gateway repeater will be routed to the one touch call sign
plus to the linked repeaters, causing folks linked to hear a one sided
conversation.

That is where the rub comes into play.  Icom gateways and linking do not
exactly play well together. (not bad, but maybe could be better). best regards,
steve

-