We finally did it folks.

We now have an Open G2 written in C that communicates
correctly with the ICOM repeater controller hardware.

The handshake protocol between the ICOM G2 and the
ICOM repeater controller hardware was a little tricky
to figure out at first.

In summary, we have accomplished the following:

Open G2 "dstar_g2_gwy" software written in C replaces ICOM dsgwd G2.
Open "dstar_g2_sync" written in C replaces the ICOM dsipsvd.

At first, the ICOM repeater controller was not talking
to our Open G2 "dstar_g2_gwy".
Once we figured the handshake protocol, it was rather easy.

Since the Open G2 "dstar_g2_gwy" can also run on
the GMSK RF modem/node, we have an option in dstar_g2_gwy.cfg
to allow the Gateway owner to run the Open G2 without
any ICOM hardware, but just a GMSK RF modem/node.(DV node thingy)

All types of DV packets go thru.
What has to be done next:

a)
   Cross-banding features.

b)
   High-Speed Digital Data(DD) processing.

Currently, Digital Voice(DV)
 on 2m, 70cm and 1.2 GHz bands are handled.
Modules C, B and A.

We'd like to thank the D STAR Gateway/repeater owners that
participated in the tests.
Thanks a million.

73
The D_STAR_Open_Source group