At 10:31 PM 10/16/2009, you wrote:

>A few questions....
>I've used Callsign Routing as well as most of the other methods
>available on the system. All have been both successful and at other
>times not so much.
>Here are the questions as well as my thoughts to date which are
>subject to correction.
>1. If the repeater I am using is connected to a reflector is
>Callsign Routing processed or does it fail because of the active link.
>    Probably not accepted or processed?

Callsign routing still works in this situation, though there can be
audio issues for audio coming FROM the end that's connected to the reflector.

>2. If the system attempts to forward the call to a destination
>repeater that may be in use or linked within the system what is the result.
>    Probably not processed at the far end?

If the repeater is in use, you will get a busy indication (the usual
cryptic response code).  If it's linked, but there is no traffic,
routing will work.

>3. In each of these cases is there any indication on my side as to
>whether my attempt to call my party was properly processed or
>failed. I may be missing something there.

Yes, cryptic indications in the response from the local gateway
(someone else can elaborate on the specifics).

>    ??
>4. If the answer to question 1. is that I cannot route by callsign
>while the repeater is linked, is it proper to disconnect the link
>considering that I may not have the privledge to re-establish it
>even if I know where it was previously linked.
>      I've not attempted to disconnect in order not to bother other
> users or listeners....

If you can, it is better to disconnect the link.  I have occasionally
heard weird things happen on a reflector when someone was
transmitting with a callsign in the UR field.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com