> because their code only works on windows, and a lot of us don't use
> windows.

Definitely.  Also, some of us no longer live in 1986 :)

> I just got some hardware donated to start working on a D-RATS to
> winlink interface.  we're doing d-rats locally for our ARES group,
> but my state ARES chose winlink recently, and we need to make them
> work together.  I don't have a lot of spare time right now, but when
> I get some basics working I'll be asking for people to test/help/etc.
> (and if anyone else has already done this, I have no desire to
> re-invent the wheel -- please contact me!).

I have been planning to add a one-shot "please check email account ABC
on server XYZ" function to D-RATS for a while now.  If/when I do, I'll
have a special case for winlink's insane packet-over-tcp abomination so
that you can just ask a remote station to "check my winlink mail".

> my chances of making two packages that talk email talk to each other
> is much higher than the chances of me making a nice user GUI
> interface for winlink on Mac/linux.

Yeah, I think that you should be able to use some of D-RATS' current
email gateway functionality with PacLink to do this.  However, (a) that
requires a machine to run PacLink and (b) doesn't let each RF user
access their own WinLink address.

It sounds like this is what you're looking for, right Debbie?  Maybe I
should put some code where my mouth is, eh?

--
Dan Smith
dsmith#danplanet.com, s/#/@/